CDXC: The UK DX Foundation
Martin Lynch and SonYaesu UK

CY0 Sable Island - Postponed

21 Oct 2010 20:20 | Tim Beaumont

Ref the Sable Island Dxpedition....

DX World kindly gave me permission to forward this latest news.

Today, prior to our planned departure to Sable Island on Saturday, a major safety issue was discovered with the charter aircraft that requires repair before we can fly. As of this writing, parts have not yet been located and it is estimated that acquiring parts and completing the repairs will extend as much as 3 weeks or longer.

Thus, we will be returning to the US to “regroup” and reschedule a return for another try. Hopefully, a new date can be announced in the near future. Info and details will be posted on the website, as they develop. Thanks to all for your patience and understanding.

22 October, FRIDAY - 1300 UTC:  (No Flight)
Weather Delay continues in effect for today due to high winds.  The next flight attempt will be 23 October, Saturday - 1500 UTC pending the check on flight conditions on Saturday at about 1100 UTC.
Web site will be updated as information becomes available. ( ) Thanks to everyone for your patience. We are eager and ready to go.  The plane has been preloaded with our equipment and supplies.
Randy - N0TG/CY0

21 October, Thursday We were to fly today.  The Flight to Sable today is a NO-GO.  Bad weather and beach conditions.  (Thursday- 1500UTC).
Conditions are NOT expected to improve much for Friday 22  Oct. But it is being watched very carefully.
Our best opportunity make take until MONDAY - 25 OCT....Will just have to be patient and see.  In a hotel in Halifax and staying in touch with our pilot.
IF WE GET DELAYED until  MONDAY....we will EXTEND the dxpedition date past 10/29 to perhaps 1 or 2 November.  Updates the best we can on    73, Randy - N0TG

© CDXC - The UK DX Foundation. The aim of the club is to promote HF operating in Amateur Radio and to encourage excellence, particularly in DXing and contest operating.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software